Senior Care Services
AlmaVia of San Rafael offers seniors personalized residential care, including assisted living and memory care.
Seniors in our retirement community live at the highest level of independence possible. Our supportive living community enables them to grow and strengthen and live happier and healthier lives.
AlmaVia of San Rafael is proud to have spiritual care staff and assisted living wellness nurses.
AlmaVia enjoys an excellent reputation within the North Bay and among healthcare professionals because of its dedication and commitment to residents and quality service.
- Three nutritious meals
- Educational and entertaining programs
- Spiritual care and social services including grief and loss
and family support groups
- Lively activities
- Paid utilities, except telephone and cable services
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Caregivers trained in memory care
- Four levels of care
- On site beauty salon
- Companionship & social interaction
AlmaVia provides programs that allow residents to access care and services when needed. Our programs are designed to assist older adults with care and services which enable them to remain as independent as possible, stay connected to the community and celebrate the joys at all stages of life.
- Assisted Living: Our custom care approach to Assisted Living allows residents, staff and other health care professionals to develop a service plan that meets the individual needs of each resident. Needs do not have to fit into a pre-determined package of services. Services include medication management, assistance with personal care, escorts to dining and social programs and coordination of healthcare.
Residents in Assisted Living have full access to both our restaurant-style dining room and our intimate private dining room. Just outside, they enjoy a beautiful, spacious back yard patio with a garden bursting with color. There is a long walking path contained within the safety and security of the community’s common grounds. Patio seating is abundant and encourages interaction and making new friends.
A crackling fireplace is nestled in our cozy living room where regulars gather to share stories and to chat about the day’s activities. The living room table sports the day’s local newspapers and current magazines. Adjacent to the living room is a library with books on various subjects, puzzles, videos for private viewing and the internet for surfing, online shopping and for keeping in touch with family via email.
AlmaVia of San Rafael is a non-denominational community open to all faiths. Residents enjoy the Raphael Room, a calm place for spiritual meditation and counsel. It is carefully stocked with pamphlets on dealing with the concerns of life’s many changes. It houses a small altar and soft music designed to create an atmosphere of quiet repose.
The Gathering Room, a place teaming with fun, games and social engagement. We gather here to share movies, documentaries, mentally stimulating games, Bingo, afternoon tea and various crafts. The room is fitted with a big screen TV and plenty of comfortable chairs. An old-fashioned popcorn machine rests comfortably in the corner.
The middle of the day is a great time to visit our on-site Beauty Salon or to take a stimulating whirlpool bath in our private spa.
- BridgeHaven Program: BridgeHaven is an innovative program that provides a more structured environment for residents who have mild to moderate degrees of memory loss. Residents can choose from a variety of apartments and have the opportunity to participate in specially designed memory support programs.
Mental Stimulation: Several interactive therapies are used to assist each resident to remain actively engaged, mentally stimulated and calm. There is daily interaction with other residents, trained staff members, family and friends. Participation in a variety of art, music, games, crafts and professional entertainers provides mental engagement and entertainment.